If you are an Australian heading to Vietnam you will need to obtain a visa to enter the country. Australia was added to this list in December 2017.
There are currently 46 countries able to apply for the e-visa. For up to date information head here.
There are a few ways to do this however if you are looking at a single entry for 30 days the new E-visa is for you!
In the past you had to send your passport to the consulate but now it can all be done online.
This is the link to the official site and following are the intstructions we took to obtain our visas.
Step by Step:
- Have your passport with at least 6 months validity.
- Have the address details of your accommodation handy.
- Know your entry point. There are 28 entry points in Vietnam.
- Take a screen shot or scan your passport information page.
- Take a passport photo sized ( 4×6) portrait . We use this app Passport Photo App
- Fill out the form online here.
- You will need to pay $25 USD .
- You will be given a confirmation number on the screen that will also be emailed to you.
- Our applications took 3 days to be confirmed. You can also check it’s status using the confirmation number.
- You are now ready to head off on holiday. Make sure you have the printout that will be emailed to you and your passport for Immigration on arrival.